Our new and improved Rayon (from Bamboo) blend Brace Shorts are perfect for protecting
your lower body from the chaffing and rubbing of Spinecor or Tornado
Suit/Scoliosis Activity Suit bottom components. In addition to the enhanced performance characteristics of Rayon (from Bamboo), these Rayon (from Bamboo)/Organic Cotton/Spandex blend shorts have the same fit of our Traditional Organic Cotton Brace Shorts, covering all of the
contact points between the lower part of the body and brace components. These shorts come with our without our patented flap opening for
restroom use. Unlike typical spandex shorts, these shorts have all side
and groin seam on the outside of the shorts, to reduce discomfort from
seams pressing into skin. There are no seams running directly through
the groin area, making them a comfortable alternative for under your
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WEAR
THE SPINECOR MODEL WITH THE SHORTS BOTTOM, YOU WILL NEED TO ALTER THE SPINECOR
SHORTS TO ALLOW FOR RESTROOM USE IN-BRACE WHILE WEARING OUR SHORTS WITH FLAP OPENING. We recommend checking with your Spinecor provider
first, but most patients do not experience any change in the stability of their
Spinecor shorts bottoms after alteration. You will simply need to slit
the Spinecor shorts (don't cut a hole! The fabric will stretch open!)
from the end of the existing hole to the point that you need in order to fully
use the restroom while in-brace. The edges of the slit can be overlocked
(serged) with a machine (any tailor can help you with this) or can be left
alone. The fabric will not fray if left alone, but may degrade over
time. We can also provide this service for you. Please refer to the
"Tailoring Services" category for more information.
VIEW SIZING CHART HERE
- Comfortable Rayon (from Bamboo)/Organic Cotton/Spandex blend stretch
- Available in separate male and female designs, in 7 sizes each, from youth to adult.
- Eliminates the need for brace removal throughout the
- Reduces chafing by covering all contact points with our
unique seam design
design allows for quick and easy visits
to the restroom without brace removal; flap opens and closes with
hook and loop Velcro-style tape, which is adjustable up to 2 inches.
- Serves as your ONLY layer necessary under your
- Seams are on the outside in some parts for increased
comfort under tight-fitting braces
- Waistband is finished flat, for less irritation under a brace.
- Legs can be lengthened or shortened at no
additional cost - please specify in the "Order Comments"
field when you check out.
- Please note: there is a 20%
restocking fee for any altered or customized garment that is returned. We always recommend trying a standard size first.
- For more information about our fabrics, please click the "About Our Fabrics" tab on the homepage, under "General Information
- ALL COLORS (EXCEPT WHITE) INCUR A 20% RESTOCKING FEE
Brace Shorts Informational Video